1. Comhairle nan Eilean Siar: Equalities Monitoring Form
The Equalities Monitoring Form is used by Comhairle nan Eilean Siar to give us essential statistical information about who participates in our consultations. Comhairle nan Eilean Siar is committed to offering clear and accessible consultation processes that are open to everyone. On request, this information is available in alternative formats, including translations and access support is available for disabled applicants. If you have any general enquiries about the consultation process, please contact us by Email: email@example.com or by Telephone: 01851 600 501 (8:30am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday). We would be pleased if you would complete the form below to make sure we are following The Equality Act 2010. This is a law to make sure all people are treated fairly and equally. The Equality Act 2010 makes it against the law to treat people unfairly because of their age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief and sexual orientation. These are called ‘protected characteristics’. We also include a question on Gaelic language. It is important that you provide this information to assist Comhairle nan Eilean Siar’s reporting in line with the above act and to help us to improve our services. In providing your completed response, you are giving explicit consent for us to use this data for statistical reporting. The data is managed confidentially, is not personally attributable and is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act. If you do not know some of the information or if you prefer not to provide it, you can fill in the 'Prefer not to answer' box.
1. What is the name of the Consultation / Survey that you participated in?
2. Sex - What is your Sex?
3. Age - How old are you?
4. Transgender - Have you ever identified as a transgender person / trans person?
5. Sexual Orientation - Which of the following options best describes how you think of yourself?
6. Relationship Status - What is your relationship status?
7. Do you have caring responsibilities?
8. Disability - Do you consider that you have a disability?
Under the terms of the Equality Act 2010, a disability is defined as a physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on a person’s ability to carry out day-to-day tasks.
9. Pregnancy and Maternity - Do you identify as coming under the Pregnancy or Maternity 'protected characteristic'?
Pregnancy is the condition of being pregnant or expecting a baby. Maternity refers to the period after the birth. In the non-work context, protection against maternity discrimination is for 26 weeks after giving birth, and this includes treating a woman unfavourably because she is breastfeeding.
10. Religion or Belief - What is your Religion or Belief?
11. Ethnicity - What is your ethnic group? Please indicate which best describes your ethnic group or background from the following:
12. Gaelic Language - Do you speak Gaelic?